Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving #2



The day after Thanksgiving kicked off the Christmas season at our house. I was at Walmart at 4 and my experience probably deserves it's own post it was so eventful. Long story short, I witnessed a lot of shouting, shoving, swearing, kicking, crying and screaming. I managed to get some deals and enjoyed people watching (a.k.a. the animal show). I even ran into a few friends and we had a good time with it. I got home around 9, showed Gage my finds, and then went back to bed. In the afternoon we decorated the tree (Ryder's favorite part of the day) and then I cooked my very first turkey. It turned out very well! The kids were disappointed in two turkey dinners and I am sure they will cry when they realize that's what we're having again tonight. :-) After dinner we watched Fred Clause. It was a cute movie. We are on day 3 of potty training Ryder and so far we haven't gotten very far. He cries for his diapers and doesn't tell me when he needs to go. He's a stubborn boy. I'm really hoping to have this done by his birthday but we will see what happens!

2 comments:

patty said...

Now that you can cook the turkey...

Janean said...

Yum, your turkey looks good. I want to make my own turkey dinner that sounds good again.