Friday, November 6, 2009

Nice Surprise!!!

Today I received an afghan blanket from my GREAT grandma Nanny for the new baby!! I had no idea that she was making this! She turns 97 on Sunday. How lucky my daughter is to have afghan made especially for her from her great great grandma! She has been in bad health lately and I was thinking how sad I was that she may not meet our newest family member. I have been fortunate to travel to Georgia twice to take both Brenden and Ryder to meet her and get five generation pictures taken. Now baby Lily will have something special to remember her by. Nanny has always made things for myself, my family and others. She is so thoughtful and giving and I am so thrilled to have another gift of love to remember her by! We picked the middle name Jane for this new baby from Nanny's mother.

LOVE YOU NANNY!!



And for fun here's a picture of the ladies! Left to Right: my mother, my great grandma Nanny (Tillie), my aunt Linda, my great great grandma Jane, and my grandma Jean holding my aunt Donna.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Oh how wonderful! I love the photos. Amazing that she was able to still make you a beautiful gift for Lily.
What a treasure it will be.