



Well our trip has come and gone. Did we have a great time? YES! We got to see a lot of shows including two cirque du soleil shows which were AMAZING! (We saw KA and LOVE for those who know about them) It was sooo nice to have time shared just between the two of us. (don't get me wrong I LOVE my children and I missed them terribly!) It wasn't a relaxing vacation though because time without the kids comes next to never so we got up early and went to bed late. And I didn't have to feel bad about all the good food I was eating because we walked so much. It was a huge relief to know the kids were sleeping and eating well and from what I'm told didn't miss me much. (Thanks again MaraDee and J.R.!!) When we walked in the door at Gage's parents house to pick up the kids, Gwen burst into tears. It broke my heart. Who knows what my poor little muffin thought of me leaving her. She didn't let me put her down for two days but I think she has forgiven me. We cancelled our trip to San Diego in July because my heart can't handle leaving the kids again so soon. As fun as vacations are there is NO place like home!
I am still trying to find a couple of kids to watch in my home. And according to KSL, so is everyone else. I lost two kids a month ago because their mom got laid off. In two months, I will loose another because his mom works for the school and has summers off. I'm not sure what to do if I can't find any more kids. I really enjoy staying at home with my kids and not having to work nights or weekends.
We are still struggling with Brenden and getting him to finish his school work. Luckily next week is Spring Break and we have a week to get him caught up on it all. I'm not really sure about what to do about the whole situation. It seems I can't get a teacher interested in helping my child. They just want to pass him anyway without making him do the work which INFURIATES me! I have learned that I have to constantly call Brenden's teacher to get him to keep up with Brenden. It used to make me feel like I was imposing and annoying (and I'm sure it is) however, I no longer care what his teacher thinks of me. My child deserves an education just like every other child and I'm going to make sure he gets one. I am SOOO looking forward to the summer!
As for Ryder and Gwen they are at each other's throats all day. Ryder has become quite bossy with Gwen and Gwen has become a bully with Ryder. I try to let them work it out amongst themselves, but I find myself finding separate activities for them both just to keep the peace. If this is your normal sibling rivalry, then I am in for a lot of headaches in the years to come!
Well enough of my ranting! Hope everyone has a great week!
1 comment:
I've missed reading your blog, glad you're back!! Vegas sure looks like fun! Glad you had a nice break/trip.
Post a Comment