Thursday, March 26, 2009

Our Anniversary


I know I've been bad about blogging, but there just isn't anything news worthy to blog about. Gage turned 35 a couple of weeks ago, and I can't believe how OLD he is. :-) I'm just kidding......sort of. I'm just not sure how WE got as old as we are. I swear I'm only 24. Our 7th anniversary is this Saturday and we are going to Vegas to celebrate. On one hand I'm really excited to get away and on the other hand, I feel like a bad mom leaving my kids. Maybe when I'm sleeping in till 9 or eating at a restaurant without telling Ryder to get out from under the table and Gwen knocking over everyone's drinks, I won't feel toooo bad leaving the kids behind. I just have anxiety issues with flying in an airplane, being away from my kids, being in unfamiliar places etc.......Vacations are fun.....right???
Okay enough with feeling sorry for myself for getting a vacation.
The kids are growing up so fast and they do or say something new that cracks me up every single day. Ryder and Gwen have both hit their "terrible twos". Ryder a year late and Gwen a year early. Gwen loves to torment Ryder by taking whatever he's playing with away from him. She's quite a bully. And Ryder thinks he can do no wrong (usually that's true) so when he does get in trouble it doesn't go very well. Yesterday I got after Ryder for not picking up his toys and he told me that he was going to tell Daddy on me. I thought it was funny until I told Gage what happened and Gage quickly asked me what I did to Ryder to make him say that. WHAT?
The picture I posted of Ryder is the only good one I got of him yesterday. (and I took a lot) He will pose real cute if you're holding a toy cell phone but runs away when I pull out the real camera. Such a booger. But he's such a cutie!!
Brenden is doing better in school and such a huge help for me when he gets home from school. All the kids love it when Brenden walks in the door after school. He gets them wore out running around the house and playing in the toy room. Well I hope everyone's enjoying the snow today in the year's first week of spring!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you. Gage was born on the evening of our wedding so we have been married as long as he is old.
Congratulations on being 35 and still looking so young, man!
We are looking pretty old...