Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ten things I love about my dad.


Oh-What a week.  It's been busy.  I took the boys to the dentist this morning and for haircuts afterwards.  They did so well!  Ryder did bite the dentist's finger a few times, but who doesn't feel like doing that once in a while?  He is SOOO excited about his spongebob squarepants toothbrush and toothpaste.  He also sat very still while getting his hair cut.  Brenden has a nice haircut.  He looks so handsome!  Tonight is back to school night and we will meet with his teacher.  On the bummer side of things, we found out this week that my dad has prostate cancer.  So since I never say it enough "I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH DAD!"  I know he will do well and get better!!!!  So while I've been thinking how grateful and blessed I am to have such a wonderful father I thought I would share 10 things that I love about my dad.

1. He doesn't mind it when my kids call him Grandpa Patty.
2. He doesn't mind fixing things when he makes a visit to my house.
3. His sense of humor. He likes to tell the same corny jokes.  Hey dad? What time is it?
4. He's always been supportive of me and my siblings.
5. He's hardworking, honest, kind, non judgmental and a good listener.
6. He'll scoop up one of my kids as soon as he walks in our door.
7. He's always thinking of others.
8. He's shown us through example what a great husband and father are.  I see so many resemblances in character between my father and my husband as well as my brother-in-laws and brothers.
9. He'll stay up all night watching movies-NEVER a party pooper.
10. He never ends a phone call without telling me "I love you"

I love you dad!

4 comments:

m.gevenois said...

What you said about dad was really nice, cute and very true. I think we all could make a never ending list about all the good things of our dad. Its sad to think that something like this could even happen to him. I know he'll be okay but i still have all my what ifs. I just never want to see a loved one hurt.

Stacy said...

I would just like to say dido to Jenny's Top Ten List (exept the Grandpa Patty one). I love you very much Dad!!!!!

Jenny Hansen said...

Yeah-The Grandpa Patty always makes me laugh. They don't say it as much anymore. I just realized melissa posted at 5:50 this morning. What's wrong with you??!! I hope you were up that early for work!! LOL!

m.gevenois said...

I didnt have to work tue because i worked monday night for inventory. but lately i can't sleep. And it really sucks.