Tuesday, August 19, 2008

new school year

Well the summer break is over and the new school year has begun!  Brenden is now in the 4th grade.  His teacher is Mr. Dunkley.  He really likes his new class!  It was weird to see Brenden's classroom at back to school night.  It looked so regular.  Not one that is decorated with posters and cartoon characters like all of his past rooms.  I guess he's getting older.  I was worried about him being able to find his classroom and he just rolled his eyes at me and said "mom, I'll just look for my teacher's name on the door."  I guess it's hard to realize that my son doesn't need me so much.  I'm also not allowed to write any notes on his lunch bag anymore.  (too embarrassing!)  I only work a couple of shifts a week and the last couple of weeks were horrible because of back to school shopping!  I'm soo glad it's over!  People behave like two year old impatient bullies-it felt like Christmas!  I am going to start watching a little 7 month old girl twice a week. I am working on getting my business license and licensed by the state to watch children in my home.  I am very excited to be doing this!!  Hope everyone has a great week!!  I am looking forward to things settling back down soon!!

No comments: