I thought I'd give a quick update on the kids while I have a moment this morning. So last night during dinner, Gwen counted to seven. I had no idea she could even say her numbers more or less count to seven. I know I didn't teach her, so I guess I should thank that purple dinosaur! She also likes to be naked a lot lately. From what I've seen, they don't do that on Barney, so I'm not sure where that comes from. She'll walk away for a few minutes and come back without any clothes or her diaper on. It's very upsetting when she'll do it when her diaper is FULL. I can't take my eyes off her for a second! And I have to FIGHT her to put her clothes back on. Yesterday the kids were watching a movie, and Gwen was laying on top of her blanket without a stitch of clothing on. She likes to do everything herself from opening her own gogurt to putting on her shirt. (only when she chooses to of course) If she doesn't want me on the laptop she'll push the power button. If she doesn't like what Ryder is watching she'll stand with her arms stretched over the TV screen. It's so funny to see how different my children are from each other.
Ryder likes to get up in the morning and then lay in bed for another hour to "wake up". I allow him to do this because he is SO onery in the morning! He won't ever eat breakfast (which he usually misses anyway) and he likes to play by himself in his room. If he hears Gwen coming up the stairs, he'll lock his door. He doesn't like the way Gwen plays with her own toys which is funny. She'll play with her dollhouse and Ryder will throw a screaming fit because she'll have the dinning table in the baby's room. He'll scream "It's NOT supposed to be like that!!" He'll hide behind the couch when I've giving out chores and insists on clean underwear everyday. He's such a perfectionist when it comes to himself and his things. He also thinks he's above the other children. When I sit the kids down for a "lecture", he'll say "but not me mom huh". He loves hanging with his older brother and playing the Wii or reading books on Brenden's bed.
Brenden is busy with school and Webelos. I should say he's busy catching up with homework because that's what he's doing most of the time. He is above his grade level when they tested him, however he gets bored and distracted and can't seem to finish his work. He's a great helper around the house and with the kids. I'm not sure how much longer that's going to last so I'm going to enjoy it while I still can. I can't believe how much he's grown lately. His hands are already quite a bit bigger than mine. It's weird to me.
Anyway I feel like I have my hands full and I'm not sure how this new baby is going to fit in. I know we'll figure it out like we did when we brought home the others. I wonder who she will look like and what her personality will be like. Will she be laid back and obsessive like Ryder, a dreamer and soft-hearted like Brenden or independant and full of energy like her sister? I guess we'll find out in 6 weeks!
Randoms:
6 days ago
1 comment:
Sounds like years gone by, that I remember and miss. ♥♥♥
You will do it and with great style. You and Gage are amazing parents.
Post a Comment