Monday, September 8, 2008

A Milestone

Football is here. (barf)  I love my husband so I deal with it.  Even if every now and again in the next 6 months I will have to resort to throwing a temper tantrum not unlike my 2 year old's just to get a little attention.  :)  Gwen has been really fussy and I discovered yesterday a teeny hard piece along the top of her bottom gums.  Her first tooth has arrived!  She has a runny nose and wakes up several times a night needing comfort (which I love to give no matter how tired I am!)  Ryder's attitude has caught up with the "terrible two" prototype.  Saturday night we went to our friend's the Phillips' house for a barbecue.  There were a lot of people and a TON of children.  We stayed until Ryder started bullying (and yes I mean bullying!) another little girl.  When I explained to him that he was going to have to share he threw himself  on the floor and had a screaming temper tantrum.  That was our cue to leave.  For some reason if you say the word "share" to Ryder, it triggers an explosive reaction.  He has been introduced to the time out chair which until now was reserved only for B.  Not wanting to watch football last night, I resorted to doing my Monday morning chores and I am very happy to have a relaxing day ahead of me.  Later on tonight we are going to a Peterson family reunion in Lehi which should be fun.  I think it's funny because Gage had forewarned me that Monday night he was coming home from work and doing NOTHING but watch football.  Too bad there won't be a reunion every Monday evening!  Tomorrow is B's picture day (already!)  He is doing really well in school so far and has even managed to get home 15 minutes earlier from school than he has the last two years!  For some reason, it has taken Brenden a half hour to walk 2 blocks.  I know how my son is and so does the entire neighborhood.  The boy just loves to chat with everyone and anyone.  Gage is trying to talk me into buzzing Ryder's hair again.  When Gage did it the first time, it was so traumatic for me that I really don't want to do that again.  He looks so cute with all that hair!  I have my fingers crossed that Gwen gets hair just like Ryder.

No comments: