My day starts off at 6:45 a.m. My alarm actually goes off at 6:00, but it takes me a while to drag myself out of bed. :-)
See that small space between Ryder and Marley? That's were I slept. After a quick shower I run downstairs to grab some clothes for myself, Ryder and Gwen. Usually the clothes are put away, but Gage is slacking this week. Gwen and Ryder like to get dressed FIRST thing, so I've got to hurry.
When I get downstairs this is what I see. Brenden eating breakfast and his bed is already made. And NO this is not normal. Usually I have to yell at him to get up for at least a half hour before he'll do it, but yes his bed has to be made before he leaves his room.
After I get dressed, I get Marley up and change her and take her downstairs to put in her swing. The little girl that I tend comes at 7:15. And just so you know I don't have pics of her but if you see an extra arm or leg or back of a head in a picture, it's her.
You can tell by Marley's eyes that she just woke up.
Gwen's up!
Fruit for breakfast today. And Ryder is NOT happy that I am taking pictures. He is not a morning person.
Weird blue stuff that gets on my hands whenever I get my camera out of it's case. I have no idea what it is.
While the kids eat breakfast, I run upstairs and make the beds.
This is where Marley SHOULD sleep....
BUT she usually starts off here. And you already saw where she ends up from my first picture.
Now it's time for my morning Pepsi. And just so you know how neurotic I am, I ALWAYS drink my Pepsi in a green cup with 5 ice cubes. It doesn't bother me how I drink it in other places, but when I'm home this is how it's done. Yeah, I'm a little weird that way.
Gwen gets upset if I throw the can away without her trying to get a drop out first.
Now it's time to say bye bye to daddy. Gwen never lets him leave without a bite of his toast and a hug and a kiss.
Now I have to put Marley down to settle a dispute with the kids.
Gwen having her morning dance on the game table.
Here I am putting together the Black Widow transformer. NEVER buy your children transformers unless you are willing to put them together a MILLION times and listen to them cry when a part falls off.
Marley gets a little time in her bouncy chair.
The kids get a little TV time. Notice two of them sucking their thumbs.
I finally get Gwen's hair done and she isn't wanting to share the popper so she's sitting on it.
A little free playtime. Girls with the toys and the boys on the computer. And Marley fell asleep in the bouncer.
Now it's time to play outside. Ryder asks to play on the computer a little longer instead of going out.
Ooo! A plane!!
While the kids play outside, I do a quick pickup, start lunch, transfer Marley to the swing and check out my pretty roses.
LUNCH IS READY!!
The kids are taking off their shoes and washing their hands for lunch.
Ryder is NOT happy that he has to get off the computer.
Eating their Mac N Cheese
While they eat, I do the dishes.
When lunch is done, they wash their hands again, I change diapers and it's time for naps!! It's what I like to call "Quiet Time".
I then decide that I should hurry and vacuum before putting the kids down.
Gwen always covers her ears while I vacuum. Silly girl.
A book before sleep.
Ryder begging to get back on the computer, but I don't comply.
What I find Gwen doing when I go to check on her to see if she is asleep.
Time to get Marley out of the swing. And yeah, she's so patient to hang out there while I feed the kid's their lunch and do some chores. Isn't she the best little baby ever!!??
Ryder loves his baby sister. :-)
Now for a little "me" time. I love to check out the deal of the day websites. I also try to work on this post.
Marley's not happy. "Me time" is over.
Ryder playing quietly in his room. B left to play with a friend.
Marley playing with the toys on her swing.
Gwen's up and sporting some sweet bed head.
Ryder and Gwen watching Nemo. They actually spend a LOT of time arguing over what movie to watch and then they spend like 10 minutes actually watching it.
Gwen being sweet with her little sister.
As you can see, Gage is now home. He is actually home early because the cable guy is coming over. I don't like weird cable guys at my house when I'm alone with 5 kids.
Ryder getting some Wii time in. Ryder got really mad at the cable guy for unplugging his game. It was really funny and I wish I had a picture of that, but I didn't want the cable guy to get uneasy by me taking pics of him. LOL.
B and his friend on the computer. And yes B is being a smart aleck.
Exersaucer time!
Checking out our DVR on the kid's TV.
Brenden cleaning up the games.
Now it's time for dinner. And no I don't have a picture of me making dinner because sometime between the cable guy leaving and fixing dinner, I sort of forgot I was taking pictures of everything today. The little girl that I tend got picked up as well. And yeah, it's breakfast for dinner.
Messy face. Brenden leaves for scouts.
More transformers.
Gage putting away the laundry.
Bath Time!
It's now after dinner and the dishes are done and the house is picked up. I am now checking out the DVR in our room. (yeah, we have three DVR's now. One for Gage, one for me and one for the kids. Completely unnecessary, but we like it)
Marley Moo with her boppy.
8:30 is bedtime for the little ones. Sweet Dreams!!
So that's my day in a nutshell. And of course it's not completely accurate because I nurse on demand and I have three kids in diapers (Gwen, Savannah and Marley) so there's a lot going on besides these pictures. Plus I couldn't get a picture of everytime I held a child which is what I would say I spend most of my day doing. I also like to call my mom and sisters throughout the day. The dynamic changes so often in our house that I wanted a fun way of documenting our daily activities. I think it will be interesting to see how different it will be in a year from now. I encourage everyone who reads this to do the same either with pictures or hand written in a journal.
3 comments:
Looks like a GREAT day for a stay at home mommy! You are AMAZING!!! I do not even get that much done and it is just Kim and I. I can remember running and being that productive long ago, when I was young and had four children at home. Can't do it anymore...
I LOVED this post! I'm totally shocked and jealous over how clean your house stayed the ENTIRE day! How do you do it?!
I'm totally going to copy this idea. I just love it!
so when do YOU actually eat:)?
Post a Comment