



Our second day, we went to the Hoover Dam. Everyone had a great time except for Gwen who cried most of the time because here teeth were hurting her. I had to walk her around most of the time and missed the tours. Then as we were leaving the visitor center, my flip flops broke and I had to walk bare foot back to the parking garage. The cement was really hot and I had to run most of the way back. Gage took a picture of me running, but I wasn't about to post that one.




Our third day, we got up early and went to the pool. Mandalay Bay has a wave pool and a lazy river along with regular pools. We spent most of our time floating in the lazy river because of Gwen, however the boys preferred the waves. Later on we went to the Shark Reef. The kids loved it! Ryder loved touching the sting rays. Brenden made sure he saw every fish the brochure told him was in there. :-) Towards the end, the boys were given some glow sticks that they proceeded to use as light sabers and that was when I pretended I didn't know who they belonged to.




Leslie and I went to see the musical The Lion King later in the evening. It was a REALLY great show!!!
On our fourth day, we walked up to MGM to see the sleeping lions and eat at the Rainforest Cafe. It was a really neat place to eat, but when the gorillas above our table and the rest of the forest "came alive", Ryder and Gwen would start screaming. Poor Ryder kept saying "I need to get out of here! Get me out of here!" Gage was able to calm him down, but he was not happy and didn't eat his meal. After taking the kids back to the hotel, Leslie and I walked some of the strip. Walking the strip is something that I normally avoid, but since this was Leslie's first trip, I sucked it up. We also went to the pool.




On our last day there, we went to the pool first thing and then we went to Sam's Town for a buffet. The kids and Leslie rented a movie while Gage and I went to see Santana at the Hard Rock. It was AWESOME!! We had nice hotel suite with a really great view of the strip. It was nice to have the separate bedroom when we needed to put Gwen down to sleep.


2 comments:
Looks like you had a wonderful vacation. I have never found merits of any kind in Vegas and we just drive through fast and furious. Looks like you found some fun places to go and things to do.
Maybe I will have to consider it again. There are some deep family issues that I think are the root of my hating the place.
that looks like a great trip.
I love that you had to run through the parking lot (it just makes for fun memories). I also love that you spent some time pretending like your kids belonged to someone else. One of my favorite lines with my kids is to turn to them and say, "Let's go find your mom."
Post a Comment